In this article, I’m going to share 5 wardrobe essentials every man should have. These are all basic, that can easily match with a variety of outfits.
If you want to build a simple wardrobe, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re heading to a casual weekend brunch, friend’s engagement party, or trip with friends, these 5 clothing items have you covered.
Browse the list, see what catches your eye, and pick these items to add to your wardrobe.
- Black shirt- There are various styling options for men’s dress shirts. Even though that means it should enable every man to find a great fit and style that works for their needs, it can be daunting to wade through all the details. Before getting started, it is important to note that unlike other garments like jackets and pants, achieving a good fit with a dress shirt is best accomplished by purchasing the right shirt. Alterations are pricey relative to the cost of a shirt, so if you have fit challenges, it’s best to have your shirts produced made-to-measure or bespoke. With more than 50 years into this business, we deliver the best to our customers.
Going for dinner with your friends or just going to a supermarket, never think again to put on a black shirt. No need for matching, wear denim or a formal trouser any colour and you are ready to go. Just roll up the sleeve for a brunch or just wear any colour tie when attending a meeting. You can put on endless layers on black – yet it would have its own significances. Also, The black shirt is something that you can wear in all seasons, around the year. One of the main reasons to wear black is that it will make you look flattering. No need to cover your belly, just go the way you are because you will never be out of style and would look dressed up always.
- Grey Blazer- The blazer is an iconic piece of menswear as well as a central piece of any gentleman’s Unfortunately, the definition of a “blazer” has gotten hazier over time. People think wearing a blazer is just restricted to functions or some special occasions. But carrying a blazer in general days looks more respectable and presentable.
Many of our clients ask us about wearing their newly commissioned suit jacket as a blazer, but we recommend to see weather the jacket is a solid fabric with no fancy accessories like buttons. A well-fitting suit jacket, sport jacket, or blazer can do just this — and the best part is you only need to visit a tailor to unlock the masculine enhancing power of your wardrobe’s secret weapon. Pair a grey jacket with classic shoes and black trousers for an engagement function, or just carry the jacket with denim for a trip with friends.
There is a certain way a jacket should fit- it should sit comfortably on the shoulders allowing the wearer to easily move his arms back and forth. A jacket should be free of pulling and wrinkling over the shoulders nor appear loose and baggy. But remember if the jacket is too small or too big then do not pair it with jeans.
It’s not hard to grasp the lesson here: whenever the situation permits, wear a jacket! It is the easiest way to improve your appearance in a matter of seconds!
- Khaki Chinos- Men love their trousers, in all shapes and sizes. This trend of loving trousers started many centuries ago when they found how easy it is to do work. Khakis are a perfect option for men, as the colour is light enough to be worn with all styles and colours. If you’ve got a casual dress code at work, go with a pair of khaki cotton trousers. They’re sophisticated but still give off a relaxed vibe. Even pairing a black shirt with khaki chinos while grabbing drinks with friends looks cool giving a party look. Even more important though, is making sure they fit great, look sharp, and feel comfortable. A great pair won’t cause unwanted creases, look slouchy or too tight, and will actually stay up without the hassle of a belt.
Khaki coloured trousers with a light pink shirt and a navy blue blazer are one of the best combinations for an official meeting in the office. Once over, roll the sleeves and you are ready for lunch with friends.
- Blue Short Kurta- A loose collarless shirt worn over trousers, jeans or even shorts for the casual look is a short kurta. It is one of the best options to wear in summers if shirts make you feel too formal for an evening get together. You can pair it with any trousers or pants of your choice for a casual or semi-formal occasion. A short kurta can also be worn to grace any casual or semi-formal occasion. There might not be many occasions you could wear a short kurta to, but those few times of family functions and trips with friends, you will need one.
The blue colour is the best option for evening time. Pair with black, navy blue or even white, it will always be easy to carry. Carry denim and shorts with the same kurta, to cover most of your events.
- Accessories- In the past, accessories were a luxury that not all men could afford. While those days are gone, accessories are now more affordable and available to everyone. Men’s accessories are small add-ons to the outfit.Accessories can be used to personalize your style and make it reflect your personal feeling or a certain type of attitude. Some accessories like brooches, tiepins or Pocket Square can easily be carried anywhere. Attending meetings with the boss with Pocket Square in your blazer or wearing the same pocket square in your jacket in an engagement function, looks amazing in both.
Make sure you aren’t overdoing it with the accessories. Try having three main colours, so makes it easy to look clean. Four or more colours are often hard to carry. If you are attending a formal event, you definitely should have some accessories on you and on the other hand, if your event is more of a casual type, accessories are more important to look different.
A lot of men want to look stylish and classy daily and there is nothing wrong with that. How you present yourself to the world is how the world perceives you. When people meet you for the first time, in the first few seconds they make all kinds of judgments about you. The first impression is the last impression. Having a killer wardrobe is guaranteed to be the first line of defence against bad first impressions.
We generally come across articles regarding wardrobe essentials for women. Men have a limited choice of clothes and accessories, thus they have to make the best use of the most minimalist things. This was a list of the Top 5 wardrobe essentials for men that can pull you through any situation.
Make sure you use it.